Martin Bøge Mikkelsen
I have a strategic and international top executive management experience, both as Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Board Member. Furthermore, Group Executive Vice President and member of the Group Executive Management at a C25 listed Nordic company in Denmark.
I have strong experience as a top leader and since 2012 experience as a member of Supervisory Boards & Committees, both as a Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Board Member. My specialty is commercial Owner-based, Private Equity owner-based or listed companies within the industries Communication, Damage Control, Finance, IT, Manufacturing, Military, FMCG and SaaS. In addition, I have 10 years of experience as Group Executive Vice President and Executive Vice President in the Nordic non-life insurance group Tryg.
I have a strong business understanding with a commercial mindset. My core competencies are commercial – & business development, strategy, IT, digital transformation, digital business models and turnarounds. Besides my core competencies, my strongest asset is my large professional network.
My current focus in my professional life is Supervisory board assignments, Venture Investments and being an Executive Advisor for several leading Private Equity Funds and Banks.
I’m Fit & Proper approved by the FSA in Denmark and I have previously been Fit & Proper approved in Germany & Malta.
Since 2012, my focus has been on turnarounds, scaleups, startups, profitable growth, and international expansion in smaller and medium-sized companies. During the same period, I have successfully exited 3 companies.
Until 2012 I was employed by the C25 listed Nordic non-life insurance group, Tryg, as a Group Executive Vice President and member of the Group Executive Management. Out of 4,500 employees in Tryg, 360 employees were employed in my area of responsibility as well as with an annual budget of DKK 1 billion. My focus was Change Management, profitable growth, commercial – & business development, strategy, It & digitization, cost reductions, turnarounds, and Operational Excellence.
See Børsen’s personal portrait of me under the title “Career on wide lane.” (Unfortunately only in Danish)
See Computerworld’s personal portrait of me under the title “Cathedral builder in TrygVesta.” (Unfortunately only in Danish)
Directorship experience & position of trust
- 2021- Member of the National Jury for EY Entrepreneur of the year in Denmark, DK
- 2021- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Lyras A/S & Lyras DK ApS, DK
- 2021- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Parent ApS, DK
- 2021- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of IoT Denmark A/S & IoT Solution A/S, DK
- 2019- Chairman of VL 17 (Danish Management Society), DK
- 2013- Chairman (from 2016) of Copenhagen’s Executive Committee of InterForce, DK
- 2019- Member of the Supervisory Board of & investor in SSG Group, DK, S, N
- 2019- Member of the Supervisory Board of Secure Group, DK
- 2017- Member of the Supervisory Board of InterMail A/S (Listed on the Nasdaq OMX Nordic), DK & S
- 2016- Member of the Council of the Danish Rheumatism Association, DK
- 2011- Member of Advisory Board of MMD (2011-2019), of MBA (2013-) and of MBD (2017-) in CBS, DK
- 2017-2020 Chairman of the Jury for EY Entrepreneur of the year in the Region Copenhagen, DK
- 2012-2020 Member of the Supervisory Board of and investor in IT company Actimo ApS, DK (The company was sold)
- 2018-2020 Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Napp A/S, DK (The company was sold)
- 2014-2019 Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of insurance group DARAG AG, DE
- 2017-2018 Member of the Supervisory Board of Caseon.dk ApS / Ordrestyring.dk, DK (The company was sold)
- 2015-2016 Member of the Supervisory Board of the Insurance group DBF Holding A/S & Dansk Boligforsikring A/S
- 2014-2016 Member of the Supervisory Board of Business Angels Copenhagen / DanBAN, DK
- 2013-2016 Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Snack company Saharas A/S, DK
- 1990-1992 BCom in Organisation from Copenhagen Business School
- 1987-1989 BCom in Sales and Marketing from Copenhagen Business School
- 1984-1986 BCom in Management Accounting from Copenhagen Business School
- 1982-1983 BCom First part from Copenhagen Business School
Continuing education & network
- 2022 Supervisory board in Financial Companies – Pensions and Insurance, CBS, DK – https://www.cbsbestyrelsesuddannelserne.dk/pension-forsikring/
- 2022 The stockbrokers’ association’s tailor-made board education, FMF, DK – http://www.fondsmaeglerforeningen.dk/om-os/bestyrelsesuddannelse.aspx
- 2019- Mars and Mercur Denmark, DK – http://www.marsogmerkur.dk
- 2017- SIKU – Danish Chief of Defence Security Policy Course 2017, DK – https://fak.dk/da/uddannelse/efteruddannelse/strategi/forsvarschefens-sikkerhedspolitiske-kursus/
- 2015- VL 17 – Danish Management Society, DK – https://vl.dk
- 2013- Board association – Association for the Development of Supervisory Board work in Denmark, CBS, DK – https://bestyrelsesforeningen.dk
- 2013- Board Network, DK – https://www.boardnetwork.dk
- 2012 The Upsides of Global Economic Crisis, Wharton – University of Pennsylvania, USA – https://www.wharton.upenn.edu
- 2012- Member of Danish Business Angels and AKTIVE EJERE , DK – https://danban.org & https://aktiveejere.dk
- 2010 Board Academy, Copenhagen University & Plesner, DK – http://www.bestyrelsesakademiet.dk
- 2010 Innovation Management Jam, London Business School, UK – https://www.london.edu/executive-education
- 2010 & 2005 Handling the Press – As Top Leader, Communique, DK
- 2009- Network Denmark – Group 1 Zealand: CEO, DK – https://egn.com
- 2006 Ashridge Leadership Process, Ashridge Business School, UK – https://www.hult.edu
- 2005 Strategy, Growth and Great Change Leadership Strategies on Innovation, Wharton, USA – https://www.wharton.upenn.edu
- 2005- Links Network – Leadership in the Knowledge Society, DK – https://www.linkslabs.com
- 2001- VL 72 – Corporate Top Management, Mannaz, DK – https://www.mannaz.com/da/